We’re looking for a Data Scientist focused on social science research to join our team.
January Advisors is a data science consulting firm that works with governments and nonprofits across the United States. Our clients want to use data to inform policy, make big decisions, and help improve the world. We work on data projects related to a variety of social science topics, such as housing, education, consumer finance, disaster recovery, and much more.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll work as part of a team to clean and analyze data, write research reports, create cutting edge data visualization, and present to clients.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience with data analysis in the social sciences or public policy, and two years of experience in a consulting or academic research environment.
- Gather, clean, and analyze data from various sources, check data integrity, summarize data
- Perform research and present findings
- Create presentation materials for client meetings
- Write engaging summaries of projects and policies
- Interview stakeholders, take notes, and synthesize information
- Coordinate with clients to manage projects, set meetings, and meet deadlines
- Ability to clean and analyze data, and develop data pipelines
- Data visualization
- Data modeling
- Strong writing, presenting, and public speaking skills
- Ability to research public policy issues
- Able to work on more than one project at a time
- 5 years of experience with data analysis in R or Python
- 2 years of experience with consulting or academic research environment