Posts categorized as:

Community

Attracting Talent to the City With No Limits: Q&A with Jon Nordby of the Greater Houston Partnership

By Jeff Reichman / March 11, 2015

I sat down with Jon Nordby, the new director of Talent Attraction and Marketing for the Greater Houston Partnership. They are about to start on a new phase of the Houston: City With No Limits campaign. This time, there is a renewed focus on attracting skilled professionals to the Houston region. Jon is new to…

Read More

Houston Hackathon Returns For Round 3

By Jeff Reichman / March 12, 2015

We’re very excited to announce the return of the Houston Hackathon on May 16-17, 2015. For 24 hours at the Houston Technology Center, over 200 people will collaborate on projects to make life in Houston a little better. Everyone is welcome: coders, designers, data nerds, artists, makers, beginners, kids. This is our third annual Houston…

Read More

Houston Mini Murals – From Idea to Execution in Five Months

By Jeff Reichman / April 20, 2015

The Houston mural arts program is a work in progress. This is the story about how it got off the ground. Even though Elia and Noah are at the very beginning of their journey, I hope this blog is helpful to people in other cities who want to do the same thing. I first met…

Read More

Bayou Greenways 2020: Transforming Parks in Houston

By Sachin Shah / May 27, 2015

The Houston Parks Board is embarking on an exciting capital project: Bayou Greenways 2020. It will significantly expand and enhance Houston’s parks system, creating a continuous network of 150 miles of parks and trails along Houston’s bayous.  I sat down with Roksan Okan-Vick, the executive director of the Houston Parks Board, to talk about Bayou…

Read More